May 14, 2012

Feature: Vesmedinia

Facebook
Model Mayhem
DeviantArt
Tumblr
Flickr
ChestWaistCorsetHipsHeightWeight
Imperial35"24"22"36"5"2'105lb
Metric90cm62cm55cm92cm160cm48kg

GGotW: What got you started as singer?
V: Music has always been an important part of my life. Since I can remember I showed a great interest in art in general. I started singing when I was really young, probably 5 or 6, it was just a hobby, something I really enjoyed doing. I’ve never thought of it as a work, but I couldn’t spend a single day without singing, it’s simply a part of my life.

GGotW: What have you accomplished as a singer?
V: I have written the lyrics for several songs and I have started to record some melodies. Right now I have two different musical projects: one on my own, and another with my boyfriend and a friend. I’m looking forward to having some free time to start recording the songs we already have and publish them. Right now I’m too busy with college assignments and modeling work!

GGotW: What are your bands called?
V: I haven’t thought of it yet. When I started my first band we spent so much time thinking about names that I had to leave it because the other members focused in every thing but music. I think a name is something that should come naturally, you can’t force it, so I’ll probably stick to my stage name until I find something that pleases me.

GGotW: Do you have a song in mp3 that we could hear?
V: No, sorry. I have a lot of home recordings but I haven’t had the opportunity to record any song in a studio yet.

GGotW: Have you done any live performances?
V: No, but I’d love to! I jump into the stage every time I have the chance to. Even though I am a very quiet person I change totally when I’m on stage.

GGotW: Where do you want to see your singing take you?
V: In an ideal world I would be on tour right now and modeling all over the world, but who knows where time will take me!

GGotW: How did you discover you had an interest in modeling?
V: Actually, by chance. When I was 11, I came across the trailer of Satanic Sluts, although it is not exactly modeling, but an alternative erotic film, it helped me discover that beautiful girls were not necessarily the ones we usually see in the covers of fashion magazines. There were alternative beauty standards which seemed a lot more interesting and creative to me. However, it wasn’t until the age of 15 when I had my first professional photo shoot, and from that moment on, I’ve been a part time model and I’ve tried to gain as much experience as I could.

GGotW: Who have you done pictures for?
V: Throughout these years I have worked with several photographers from my area. I am also starting with self-portraits because they give me the opportunity to fully express myself, but I’m still looking for photographers to collaborate with. I have a lot of projects and concepts that need to come to live! Regarding publications I have appeared in quite a few websites and magazines. I’m always looking for publications that can give me the chance to show my work to the world.

GGotW: How would you describe your personal style?
V: I think it would be impossible to describe my style in just a couple of words. I don’t like labels such as gothic, scene or cyber, nor do I fit in any of them. I prefer to take things from here and there to create my own style, which usually consist of a combination of girly things with dark elements and a little bit of fetish. I try to give my images a cute yet erotic feeling.

GGotW: Who influences you?
V: Most of my influences come from movies and music. I love old Hollywood glamour and vampire movies from the 20’s, but also the bizarre feeling and aesthetic that was so popular in the 70’s. Some musical movements that have also influenced my style are Glam Rock, Post-Punk/Goth bands from the 80’s and Dark Electro.

GGotW: What do you hope to accomplish with your modeling?
V: I’d like to start modeling for clothing brands and latex designers. In general I’m interested in everything related to fashion, from Haute Couture to bands’ merchandise. I also have a long list of photographers and models I’d love to collaborate with if I had the chance to. I am a big fan of MichellexStar Photography and Mosh modeling so working with them would be like a dream come true.


Click on the images that appear with the article to see larger versions. Please feel free to leave comments below, you don't need to be a member to leave comments.

No comments: